At Saint Anne’s Catholic Primary School we understand that promoting physical and emotional wellbeing is a crucial part of every child's development. We aim to equip all our pupils with the skills and attitudes they need to make informed decisions about their health.
These are some of the ways we encourage our children to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles:
- Through our P.E. curriculum the children experience a range of different sports activities and learn about the effects and benefits of regular exercise. We also offer an extensive range of sports clubs after school.
- We are involved in the Health for Life programme to promote an ethos and environment with a focus on Growing food, Physical activity, Healthy eating and cooking skills.
- The importance of balanced nutrition and healthy food choices is explicitly taught through the Science, D.T. and PSHE curriculum.
- We develop children's knowledge and understanding of the importance of water in their diet by encouraging all children to bring in a water bottle so they can have access to water throughout the day.
- All KS1 children are provided with one portion of fruit every day. KS2 children are allowed to bring their own choice of snack for morning break time, but it has to be either a piece of fruit or vegetable.
- We provide play equipment and designated areas which promote physical activity at break times.
- Our PSHE curriculum allows children to explore and understand the different feelings they experience. Through this we are able to teach our pupils techniques for dealing with their emotions in a responsible manner.
Want to know more about how you can encourage your child to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle? You can find useful websites below:
Our Current Projects
Having competitive sport in school develops a range of life skills, including the benefits of developing effective teamwork, resilience and leadership skills.
St. Anne's are regularly participating in tournaments including the Clifton School Games Partnership, South Birmingham District Football Partnership, Birmingham Catholic School Sports, Birmingham City Ladies Sister Club Programme and through Warwickshire Cricket Club.
Since of the start of 2017/18 St Anne’s have participated in numerous football, netball, rounders, tag rugby and cricket events which is developing the children’s confidence on and off the field of play and allows them to develop their social skills and ability in game situations.