Welcome to the Year 2 class page!
Teacher: Miss Price
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Chinn and Mr Whelan.
In Year 2, we aim to ensure your child reaches their full potential and will give them the support they need to reach this. Year 2 is an important year for our children as take the KS1 SATs in May, throughout the year we will be holding a range of workshops to ensure your child is prepared and will achieve their very best.
On this page, you will find a range of information regarding your child’s learning, including pictures of activities they have completed. When collecting your child, please check the door for any updates regarding workshops or reminders.
PE – Every Monday and Friday, please ensure your child has their full PE kits in school.
Spellings – Sent on a Monday, tested on a Friday.
Number Bonds – Sent of a Friday, tested on Tuesday.
English & Maths – Sent every Friday, due in the following Tuesday.
If your child is unsure on their homework, please come and see me Monday to ensure they can hand it in for the Tuesday.
It is very important, you read with your child every night. To support you and your child reading, your child was provided with a bookmark with question stems to ensure they understand the texts they’re reading.
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
MISS PRICE HOME TASKS TO BE COMPLETED (SET ON 03/04/2020)
Miss Price would very much like to see your work and you can share your work with us through twitter @stannespri.
- English - Descriptive Writing (Word Doc)
- Maths - 2D and 3D shapes (Word Doc)
- Science - Living, Dead, Never Alive!
More about our learning in Year 2:
- Age Related Expectations
- Spelling: List - Autumn Term
- Spelling: Activities for Home
- English: Mat
- Reading: 100 High Frequency Words
- Reading: Common Exception Words
- Reading: Recommended Books
- Maths: 100 Square
- Maths: Addition Names
- Maths: Column Addition
- Maths: Column Subtraction
- Maths: Division Names
- Maths: Fractions Mat
- Maths: Mat
- Maths: Multiplication Names
- Maths: Number Bonds
- Maths: Shapes
- Maths: Subtraction Names
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
LEARNING RESOURCES to use at HOME
Class teachers may set additional tasks for your children to complete through the following links alongside the CGP books and reading everyday in the event of a shutdown for the Corona Virus or self isolation of your child. Some of these links have also been added as class/key stage specific. You can also view many more resources and projects on our Home Learning Page. We also encourage you to share some of your child's home learning through twitter, our handle is @stannespri.
- Times Table Rock Stars - Pupils from Y2 - Y6 should have their logins at the front of their planner. Homework tasks will be set.
- My Maths - Usernames and Passwords were given out.
- Year 2 Challenges courtesy of Third Space Learning - Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2,5 and 10 multiplication tables, including odd and even numbers.
- White Rose Maths Home Learning For Year 2
- KS1 Keeping Your Teeth Healthy Experiment and Interactive Story - PowerPoint needed
Learning how the children lived during medieval times at Warwick Castle.
What a great day at Warwick Castle!
We used Modroc to make our fairy castles sturdy.
Working hard to get our fairy castles finished
We enjoyed dressing in traditional South Asian clothing for International Day.
Have you ever played a Dhol? We had great fun learning!