I would like to welcome both you and your child to Year 4.
I am looking forward to working with you to ensure that your child achieves their very best academically, spiritually whilst also developing their wider gifts and talents.
The Year 4 team consists of Mrs Younger and Mrs Nayyar.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your child, please feel free to see me at the end of the day. If I am not available, or if that is not convenient for you, then we can arrange an appointment for another time.
Reading – It is important that your child reads every evening. They will receive a banded home reader and a free choice library book. Please encourage them to read other texts they enjoy and you can also record this in the reading record.
Times Table Rock Stars (see link below) - At least 3x a week (tested in school 3x weekly. Your child’s username is in their planner.
Spellings – Set Monday, tested on Friday
Maths – An activity to practice an area of Maths taught that week. Homework on Friday, due on Thursday.
English- Children will receive a grammar activity each week. Given on a Friday and returned on the following Thursday
Active Maths- Active Maths tasks will be sent home for you to complete as a family. Opportunity to practice the maths skills learnt that week or basic skills from previous lessons, while also being physically active as a family. Answers from the task to be returned by the following Friday.
Your child may be given additional homework dependent on their needs.
Websites to support learning
Times Tables Rock Stars – Times Tables homework to be completed at home.
Spelling Frame - A free resource to practice spelling patterns and end of Y3/4 words.
Swimming is our PE focus the Spring Term. Please make sure your child has in school every Tuesday.
- Reading – It is important that your child reads every evening. They will receive a banded home reader and a free choice library book.
- Times Table Rock Stars (see link below) - At least 3x a week (tested in school 3x weekly)
- Spellings – Set Monday, tested on Friday
- Maths – Activity to practice area of Maths taught that week. Homework on Friday, due on Tuesday.
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Year 4:
LEARNING RESOURCES TO USE AT HOME
Class teachers may set additional tasks for your children to complete through the following links alongside the CGP books and reading everyday in the event of a shutdown for the Corona Virus or self isolation of your child. Some of these links have also been added as class/key stage specific. You can also view many more resources and projects on our Home Learning Page. We also encourage you to share some of your child's home learning through twitter, our handle is @stannespri.
- Timestable Rockstars - Pupils from Y2 - Y6 should have their logins at the front of their planner. Homework tasks will be set.
- Year 4 Challenges - Recall and use multiplication and division facts for multiplication tables up to 12 x 12 - knowing that 1 x 1 = 1 up to being able to recall that 144 ÷ 12 = 12.
- The Maths Factor Timestable Check - Online activity
- White Rose Maths Home Learning For Year 4
- My Maths - Online activities
- Year 3 and 4 Spelling Frames
We enjoyed our skateboarding session and supporting each other to reach our goal.
Being brave during the “Bush Tucker Trial” to identify what was in the bowls.
We love to explore and develop our musical talents.
One of the fantastic pieces of edited photography from our Brilliant Birmingham Topic.
This young man was taking some time during Children’s’ Mental Health Week to meditate and reflect upon himself.
We cooked a traditional Maya feast – it was hard work squeezing the lemons and limes!