- Reading – Every night and this must be evidenced in the planner. Children are required to complete a book review prior to having their book changed weekly during their designated Guided Reading slot. You can also find additional reading and comprehension materials at the links below.
- Spelling and Times Tables test – Set on a Friday to be tested the following Friday. A link to the spellings can be found here: Spring 1
- Maths/English – Set on a Friday, due in on a Monday. A link to the timetables can be found here: Spring 1
- Times Tables Rock Stars – to be completed at least 3 times a week.
Homework will be handed in on a Monday. Any queries or issues can be addressed on Monday morning. If extra support is needed please write a message in the planner so myself and Mr Healy can work with your children on Monday to help them with their homework.
Additional reading and comprehension:
The day may change each half term due to the activity, therefore it will be confirmed at the beginning of the half term. Please make sure your child is wearing correct kit on this day when they come to school.
This half term, P.E. will be on Monday. Children will take part in gymnastics and cricket.
At Saint Anne's, we use a variety of online learning platforms to support your child's learning.You will find the log in details for each platform in your child's planner. If you have any questions about how to use the platform or issues with logging in, please see your child's teacher. The teachers monitor the platforms regularly to check your child's progress. You can also refer to the document- A Guide to Online Learning.
Your child can access the Mymaths webpage to complete activities linked to their work in maths lessons.
To access the page:
- Follow the link above.
- Enter the school username and password (below) first.
- Then your child's log in via the My Portal.
Username: stannes6 Password: square200
Your child can log onto Flash Academy to rehearse their key vocabulary for different subjects.
To log in enter the School Centre Number, SA04, first then your child's username and password.
School Games At Home Friday Afternoon Challenge
We will be setting challenges through the School Games Portal for your child to complete at home on a Friday afternoon.
- Ensure that the Password entered in both boxes is the same.
- If an individual already registered in the summer with a specific email, they will not be able to create a new account with that email. This is also a common error.
- Please make sure that if you have registered an account that you go to 'log in'.
- In the school name box when you start to type St Anne's, the school should automatically appear, so make sure you click on this, rather than type the whole school name out as the system is a bit sensitive to this.
You will also find other activities on the School Games Portal which you can participate in and enjoy.