Welcome to Year 3!
I and Mrs Molloy look forward to working with you and your child during this academic year. Together, we will ensure that your child is supported throughout the year. This year, your child will be building on their knowledge from KS1 to become independent, mature learners.
If you have any questions or concerns, I am around after school or alternatively you can arrange a more convenient time with me at the office.
Once again, I look forward to working with you over the year and supporting your child throughout this year at St. Anne’s.
- Reading – Every night and this must be evidenced in the planner
- Spellings – Set on a Monday to be tested on a Friday
- Maths/English – Set on a Friday, due in on a Tuesday
- Times Tables Rock Stars – to be completed at least 3 times a week
If your child has any queries about homework, please make sure they speak to me on Monday to ensure that it is handed in on Tuesday as expected.
The days may change each half term due to the activity, therefore they will be confirmed at the beginning of the half term. Please make sure are in school on these days and with your child’s name.
HOME LEARNING TASKS FROM MISS SULLIVAN
Each week I will put new tasks for you to complete. Please complete the work at home with your parents. You could tweet the school to show what you have completed that week.
- Spelling for the whole half term - As normal, learn the spellings for the week and then have a test to see how well you have learnt them.
- Topic Work for the whole half term - The pdf has all the topic work and potential tasks. Please complete as many as you can or create your own.
- Maths - Daily lessons each week.
- Science for the whole half term - The pdf contains the science work. Some tasks are English based so this is a chance for children to continue to develop their writing skills.
- Maths Fluency - Complete the daily arithmetic in 5 minutes.
- Comprehension - Please use the pdf file at access the comprehensions each week
- English Story - The pdf contains guidance of how to write a narrative about the digestive system.
- Book of Hope Project - Now, more than ever, to have hope is so important. As a school community, we would like to produce our own personal and unique ‘Book of Hopes’ to be published on our school website. We would like every member of our St Anne’s family to contribute to this interactive book which can include artwork, prayers, poetry, videos, photographs, messages, personal stories, songs, raps – the possibilities are endless! The theme is HOPE. You could do one of these together as a family, or parents and children may want to do one of their own. It is completely up to you. You can read the Book of Hope here for inspiration. Please send your contribution to email@example.com or post it to school by Friday 22nd May.
- Teacher Messages - Make sure you watch the videos we created as a staff. We are all missing you very much!
MRS MOLLOY'S CHALLENGES
Mrs Molloy has set some challenges around the Topic work.
- Bhangra Dancing - Why not follow the YouTube video and learn some moves from India?
- Rangoli Patterns - Why not try and create your own design?
Good Luck and remember to Tweet to show us how you got on!
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Year 3:
Maths of The Day – Active Maths
Following on from the workshop, please see the link below for activities you can access at home:
- Maths of the Day (external link)
When using the activities, please ensure you have clicked Year 3 and the correct topic – see curriculum overviews for support on what we are learning. After choosing the topic you wish to complete with your child, the different activities will appear at the right hand side of the page. Once you have clicked your chosen activity, you must scroll down to find the lesson overview.
If you have any questions on how to use this fantastic tool, please do not hesitate to contact me.
LEARNING RESOURCES TO USE AT HOME
Class teachers may set additional tasks for your children to complete through the following links alongside the CGP books and reading everyday in the event of a shutdown for the Corona Virus or self isolation of your child. Some of these links have also been added as class/key stage specific. You can also view many more resources and projects on our Home Learning Page. We also encourage you to share some of your child's home learning through twitter, our handle is @stannespri.
- Timestable Rockstars - Pupils from Y2 - Y6 should have their logins at the front of their planner. Homework tasks will be set.
- Year 3 Challenges - Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables.
- White Rose Maths Home Learning For Year 3
- Year 3 and 4 Spelling Frames