Reading – It is important that your child reads every evening. They will receive a banded home reader and a free choice library book. Please encourage them to read other texts they enjoy and you can also record this in the reading record. For additional reading, you can read the First News newspaper and complete a weekly comprehension. See the link below.
Times Table Rock Stars (external link) - At least 3x a week (tested in school 3x weekly. Your child’s username is in their planner.
Spellings – Set Monday, tested on Friday
Maths – An activity to practice an area of Maths taught that week. Homework on Friday, due on Tuesday.
English- Children will receive an activity each week. Given on a Friday and returned on the following Tuesday
At Saint Anne's, we use a variety of online learning platforms to support your child's learning.You will find the log in details for each platform in your child's planner. If you have any questions about how to use the platform or issues with logging in, please see your child's teacher. The teachers monitor the platforms regularly to check your child's progress. You can also refer to the document- A Guide to Online Learning.
Your child can access the Mymaths webpage to complete activities linked to their work in maths lessons.
To access the page:
1.Follow the link above.
2. Enter the school username and password (below) first.
3. Then your child's log in via the My Portal.
Username: stannes6 Password: square200
Your child can log onto Flash Academy to rehearse their key vocabulary for different subjects.
To log in enter the School Centre Number, SA04, first then your child's username and password.
Your child can use the link above to rehearse their times tables facts.
School Games At Home Friday Afternoon Challenge
We will be setting challenges through the School Games Portal for your child to complete at home on a Friday afternoon.
- Ensure that the Password entered in both boxes is the same.
- If an individual already registered in the summer with a specific email, they will not be able to create a new account with that email. This is also a common error.
- Please make sure that if you have registered an account that you go to 'log in'.
- In the school name box when you start to type St Anne's, the school should automatically appear, so make sure you click on this, rather than type the whole school name out as the system is a bit sensitive to this.
You will also find other activities on the School Games Portal which you can participate in and enjoy.