The children will be given homework in order to practice and consolidate basic skills.
- Spellings: Set on Monday, tested on Friday.
- Maths and English Task: Set on Friday, due on Monday
- Curriculum Task (R.E./Science/Topic/Themed): Set on Friday, due on Monday
- Times Tables: Set online on Times Tables Rockstars (external link)
- Reading: Children are expected to read every evening and to record this in their reading diaries.
- P.E: For Autumn Term, Year 6 will be swimming every Wednesday. Children will be expected to come to school in the appropriate kit and bring their swimming kits with them.
Please note that in order to prepare for SATs and secondary school, the expectations for homework will increase. There will also be opportunities for the children to complete creative homework tasks/projects throughout the year.
Virtual Secondary School Tours
- Simplifying Fractions
- Adding Fractions
- Subtracting Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions By Integers
- Dividing Fractions By Integers
- Fractions Of An Amount
At Saint Anne's, we use a variety of online learning platforms to support your child's learning.You will find the log in details for each platform in your child's planner. If you have any questions about how to use the platform or issues with logging in, please see your child's teacher. The teachers monitor the platforms regularly to check your child's progress. You can also refer to the document- A Guide to Online Learning.
Your child can access the Mymaths webpage to complete activities linked to their work in maths lessons.
To access the page:
1.Follow the link above.
2. Enter the school username and password (below) first.
3. Then your child's log in via the My Portal.
Username: stannes6 Password: square200
If your child needs to self isolate or the school closes, your child will bring home the White Rose Maths Work Book. Follow the link above and select the appropriate video for the lesson that your child needs to complete. Complete the lesson in your child's workbook
Your child can log onto Flash Academy to rehearse their key vocabulary for different subjects.
To log in enter the School Centre Number, SA04, first then your child's username and password.
Your child can use the link above to access TTRS to rehearse their times tables facts.
School Games At Home Friday Afternoon Challenge
We will be setting challenges through the School Games Portal for your child to complete at home on a Friday afternoon.
- Ensure that the Password entered in both boxes is the same.
- If an individual already registered in the summer with a specific email, they will not be able to create a new account with that email. This is also a common error.
- Please make sure that if you have registered an account that you go to 'log in'.
- In the school name box when you start to type St Anne's, the school should automatically appear, so make sure you click on this, rather than type the whole school name out as the system is a bit sensitive to this.
You will also find other activities on the School Games Portal which you can participate in and enjoy.