The children will be given homework in order to practice and consolidate basic skills.
- Spellings: Set on Monday, tested on Friday.
- Maths and Grammar/Punctuation: Set on Friday, due on Tuesday
- Times Tables: Set online on Times Tables Rockstars (external link)
- Reading: Children are expected to read every evening and to record this in their reading diaries. For additional reading, children can read the First News newspaper and complete comprehension tasks by following the link below.
- P.E: For this half-term P.E. will be on Friday afternoon. Children will be expected to come to school in the appropriate kit.
- Secondary school applications to be completed by 31st October 2020 (please contact the school should you require any support).
Please note that in order to prepare for SATs and secondary school, the expectations for homework will increase. There will also be opportunities for the children to complete creative homework tasks/projects throughout the year.
Virtual Secondary School Tours
At Saint Anne's, we use a variety of online learning platforms to support your child's learning.You will find the log in details for each platform in your child's planner. If you have any questions about how to use the platform or issues with logging in, please see your child's teacher. The teachers monitor the platforms regularly to check your child's progress. You can also refer to the document- A Guide to Online Learning.
Your child can access the Mymaths webpage to complete activities linked to their work in maths lessons.
To access the page:
1.Follow the link above.
2. Enter the school username and password (below) first.
3. Then your child's log in via the My Portal.
Username: stannes6 Password: square200
If your child needs to self isolate or the school closes, your child will bring home the White Rose Maths Work Book. Follow the link above and select the appropriate video for the lesson that your child needs to complete. Complete the lesson in your child's workbook
Your child can log onto Flash Academy to rehearse their key vocabulary for different subjects.
To log in enter the School Centre Number, SA04, first then your child's username and password.
Your child can use the link above to access TTRS to rehearse their times tables facts.